Do you love physical fitness? Get your body and career in shape by becoming a certified personal trainer. With flexible hours, independent work, and the chance to help others improve their lives, personal training is a satisfying career choice. You will have the opportunity to help people lose their weight and boost their self-confidence. To get started, all you have to do is to become a certified personal trainer.
Personal Trainer Education Requirements
Working as a personal fitness trainer will require much more than a passion for fitness. You will need an in-depth knowledge of working out, leading, and guiding your clients effectively. Therefore, to become a physical trainer, you should start with your own education. To enroll in a personal trainer education program, you will need a high school diploma.
Take Advantage of Online Personal Trainer Programs
One of the best ways to become a certified personal trainer is completing an online personal trainer training program. While personal fitness may be a big part of your life and you have a great understanding of the basics, you need to learn more about the technical details through certificate 3 & 4 in fitness. You can quickly learn these concepts through online courses, which you can finish at your own pace.
Before you join a personal fitness study online program, always remember that all programs aren’t the same. Consider the following factors before you pick an online program:
- Look at the professional affiliations. The personal fitness study online program you choose should be well connected with reputable fitness and athletic groups like Men’sHealth, Nuffield Health, and UFC GYM, among others.
- Ensure that the course you choose is accredited by a reputable organization like OFQUAL regulated awarding organization.
- Consider other extras like small business training, partnership with well-known gyms, and marketing education that will help you learn the personal training business, and help you get started with your first gig.
- Research the history of the organization you intend to partner with for your personal fitness training. You can find detailed information on their website, including when the organization was founded, who founded it, who leads classes, the certification and regulation bodies, the mission, and the guiding principles.
- Ensure the organization has an instructor-led personal training study online program. Additionally, you should also have access to adequate study materials. Such a program will help you succeed in your Physical Training course.
Benefits of Online Learning
When it comes to earning your certificate 3 & 4 in fitness, nothing can beat online training. Therefore, if you’re on the fence between traditional and online classes, then continue reading about the benefits of taking your personal fitness training course online.
If you have a 9 to 5 job, pursuing a fitness course may be tiring, especially if you have to go to class before or after work. Sometimes, your personal fitness course may rob you of your free time and eat up your weekends. Online personal fitness classes can be taken anywhere and at any time, as long as you have a reliable internet connection. Therefore, you can attend classes while at home instead of watching TV.
Physical copies of books and stationery can get expensive. Fortunately, when it comes to online training, eBooks and PT trainer notes are saved in your computer hard drive. You can review the course materials, reference videos, and examination scores multiple times.
Your personal trainers will always be available to help and motivate you. Whenever you have a question, you can email your trainer. Additionally, most institutions have online chat support that is always available on the learning portals.
Better information retention
An online personal fitness course will help you retain and remember information through attractive videos, images, movie clips, legible fonts, and animated descriptions among many others. Your personal trainer will also use real-life examples to explain concepts.
Additionally, these professionals know how to display information that is well-crafted to help you better understand. In face-to-face instructor-led personal training courses, you may find yourself deviating from topics and getting worn-out quickly after long personal training sessions.
In our current fast-paced digital world, everything is easily accessible. You can find downloadable online notes, online interaction, online support, assessment quizzes that you can take any time, and personal training videos that can be replayed at any time. Accessibility to this information makes it easier for you to reach your personal fitness trainer career goals.
Would you choose a personal trainer without certification? Most likely not. Certified fitness trainers are in a class of their own, and that’s where you’ll be when you complete the PT Academy certificate 3 & 4 in fitness. As a fully certified personal fitness trainer, you can work for resorts, spas, health clubs, clinics, cruise lines, pro sports teams, or even start your own personal fitness training business. To get started, visit PT Academy today and sign up for the study online program.